Friday, August 2, 2013

Before my kids go back to school, this is what I want to talk about...2



"As I went down to the river to pray
Studyin' about that good ol' way and who shall wear the starry crown?
Good Lord show me the way!."




Let's go down to the river this week. Pack stuff for a picnic, a bathing suit and a towel. We'll discuss the role of memory/history in the making of meaning in our lives.  We'll talk about the river, the ever flowing stream and how we get in it, how we are part of it.
We'll meet at the Wesley Cottage behind Saluda UMC at 4 and carpool down to a swim spot with a beach on the Green River. You can swim, play in the current or just hang out on the beautiful riverside.
Here's our scripture for reflection:

Remember your Creator in the days of your youth, before the days of trouble come and the years approach when you will say, "I find no pleasure in them"  Ecclesiastes 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment