Sunday, January 5, 2014

Not Doing the Thing We Hate and Doing the Thing We Love


Let's meet Sunday 1/5/14 at 4 p.m. at the Wesley Cottage to work on our habits for the new year. In the book, "The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business", Charles Duhigg says that some of the most powerful work we can do with habits requires community and faith. Let's get together as a community of faith and support each other's work in becoming who God calls us to be.Paul says in Romans 7:15, "I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate." Let's work on how we can reverse that dynamic with the Holy Spirit and our community, remember, "Habits aren’t destiny, we can transform our businesses, our communities, and our lives." This will be exciting and a perfect discussion to have with our kids too!We'll have a regular pot luck and be through around 6. Now's a great time to establish those healthy habits.


No comments:

Post a Comment